Monday, March 26, 2012

how to: happy ways to pull yourself out of a funk

Yesterday was a weird day. I was kind of in a funk. I've been busier than usual lately, and things are starting to get to me. I love doing all the things that I do. Yesterday, however, I was tired and cranky, and really not liking my homework for this one particular class that I will not mention on here but rhymes with fistory.

Who likes to be in a funk?! No one! Or, at least, I think no one does. I don't. It's not fun. I enjoy being happy. That being said, here's a list of things you can do in case you are feeling weird and want to pull yourself out of it:

Watch funny YouTube videos. Last night I watched "David After Dentist" for the first time in a long time. I dare you not to laugh.
Peruse Pinterest or Tumblr and look at all the nice, pretty pictures. Cool photography, fashion, cute pets - whatever makes you smile - is bound to be floating around the web!

I have an aromatherapy stress relief candle from Bath & Body Works that I love! It smells great and seems to calm me.

Talk to friends. Get your emotions off your chest with a support system that you trust. Even if you hang out like normal, having a regular conversation and chatting will lift your mood.

Distract yourself - paint your nails, call a family member, or watch a TV show.

Read a book. Reading basically forces you to connect with the characters to stimulate comprehension, so you're bound to take your mind off of something negative for a little while.


Exercise! Remember how I said I have never left a Zumba class in a bad mood?! Any type of exercise, whether it be going to the gym, a run, a fitness class, playing tag with kids, walking the dog, etc., will create endorphins, keep you healthy, and boost your mood!

Think about future goals and plan steps to achieve them. Doing this makes me excited for my future plans (like moving to California after graduation!)

Color! Get a piece of paper and draw, doodle, or paint something. It doesn't have to be good. But that doesn't mean it won't be fun!

Get of the house/apartment/dorm. Take part of the day to clear your mind and go anywhere.

Take a nice, long, warm shower. So relaxing. Need I say more?


Hope these tips help! Feel free to add any tips or things you do to pull yourself out of a funk. 
Have a wonderful, fantastic, happy day. :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment