Tuesday, March 6, 2012

these jeans are from high school

Scarf: Market in Florence Jacket, tanks, flats: Nordstrom Jeans: Hudson Watch: Michael Kors Bracelets: F21

Skinny jeans have become such a staple in our denim wardrobes these days that it is hard to remember a time when they weren't popular. For me, junior high and high school was the beginning of the skinny jean trend. It is crazy to think how much skinny jeans are now the "norm" with denim when the "norm" years back was boot-cut!

I got my first pair of skinny jeans six years ago - I remember being excited about tucking them into cowboy boots without the fabric bunching out the sides. (That was during the days of Jessica Simpson starring in the Daisy Duke movie. I still have those boots, by the way.) I'd wear boot-cut jeans more often in high school, with graphic tees and Abercrombie fur-lined hoodies. (Oh, the days when that was considered fashion...)

Now that wider-leg jeans are becoming trendy again, I thought I'd pull these back out. I feel like they're not as flattering as my beloved skinnies, but maybe it's because I haven't seen myself wearing boot-cut jeans in ages! I added colors on the top of the outfit, a side pony, and a splash of sparkle on the flats to complete the outfit.

xo

3 comments:

  1. Wide leg pants and I have never been on friendly terms. Before skinnies, I straight up had to wear leggings whenever I could, so I'm thankful that things that fit me are also in style. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog.did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.. :)
    pants manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, what a very nice comment! I just used the Simple Template on Blogger and tweaked it a little bit, and made the header and buttons using Photoshop. Glad you like the blog!

      Delete