Tuesday, May 22, 2012

arbonne 7-day body cleanse, week review

I finished my Arbonne 7-day body cleanse yesterday! I am very pleased with this past week. At the beginning of the cleanse, I had mentioned that at the end of the semester I had not been eating very well (finals week means coffee, coffee, coffee; end-of-the-year parties mean sweets, sweets, sweets!) I didn't realize how poorly I was eating until I started the cleanse. By limiting almost all of my processed foods, I had more energy (no coffee needed), and felt better in general. Basically, crappy food weighs you down after a while. Moderation is key!

I would start my morning with two eggs. They taste great and kept me full until lunch.
My typical lunch looked something like this:
Prochiutto with cantaloupe, strawberries, and cherry tomatoes with mozzarella. (Trader Joe's has really good marinated mozzarella balls - I cut them in half and ate each half with a cherry tomato).

Snacks were usually an apple with natural peanut butter, raw veggies, or two tbsp. of sunflower seed butter.

My dinner usually looked something like this:
These turkey burgers (again, from Trader Joe's) are amazing! The ingredients are just turkey, salt, and rosemary seasoning. I cooked it on a pan in olive oil and they were juicy and crispy. Super satisfying and only 180 calories! No bun or cheese needed. 
A colorful side salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, carrots, and sweet bell peppers tossed in olive oil added more healthy fats in a low-calorie way.

My cravings for chocolate were minimal, which is crazy because I usually crave chocolate/sweets every day! Instead I was craving real, whole, clean food. I looked forward to the turkey burger and salad every day when I came home from work!

I'm really glad I did this cleanse. It was a healthy way to keep me in check and stick with clean eating. It's not like I was going to "give up on" the cleanse or waste my money by preventing my body from cleaning by eating poorly!

Has anyone else done a cleanse? If so, how did it go? Let me know if you have any recommendations of other cleanses!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for following I fell in love with your blog...
    Eli

    Eli's Spiritual Journey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those meals actually look great, especially the lunch. I may just have to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just curious how the cleanse went? I'm about to start and am a little nervous. I have read other reviews that said it had them running to the bathroom all day. Does that really happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went really well for me! Having the cleanse really made me focus on clean eating. I was nervous about the bathroom thing too, because two of my friends who did the same cleanse had the issue of needing to run to the bathroom all day. They said it was manageable though. For me however, this wasn't the case - I went to the bathroom pretty much like usual. I probably went number one more often, since the cleanse is mixed with a large bottle of water, but everything else was normal in regards to the bathroom. Hope this answers your question!

      Delete
  4. I am starting my cleanse today so I am excited to hear how it went for you. I feel good so far since I I am just one glass into the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started the cleanse 4 days ago and so far I love it.
    I haven't had much trouble with needing to use the bathroom more except the very first day. I am not using this to lose weight, as I am already at a good weight.
    It is making me feel cleaner, and I, too, am craving healthier food. I feel a lot better, I have more energy, and I'm feeling less stressed.
    I am on medication for mental health disorders, so I consulted my doctor before doing this. She said it should be fine, and she was right. I haven't noticed that my medication is working any less.
    I recommend the Arbonne 7-day cleanse to everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These reviews have been very encouraging! I also just purchased the Arbonne 7 day cleanse-my daughter is a consultant. I am 64 and have never done anything like this. I have been stress eating for the past 2 mos (pre and post my husband's surgery-not because I was worried but because he was drive a person nuts anxious!) and would love to lose about 10-15# and the bloated feeling I have in my stomach. I was surprised there were no real instructions or explanation that came with the cleanse so I was going to wait for my daughter to visit this weekend. I am mentally prepared and believe I should do well other than it will be hard to skip my morning coffee. I will be back to let you all know how it went!

      Delete
    2. Hi Claudia,

      I'm so glad to know that these reviews have been encouraging for you! This cleanse definitely did help me feel less bloated and less "crappy" from eating unhealthy foods. What I liked about this cleanse was that there are no instructions - it is tailored to YOU and what YOUR body needs. When I did this cleanse almost two years ago, I ate a lot of cheese and fruit and minimal starchy carbs, but now, I eat very little fruit and cheese occasionally, and usually one of my meals includes starchy carbs (whole grains only though). So I guess why I'm explaining this is that everyone is different - and - even people's eating habits change over time! Make sure that the foods you eat are clean and nourishing for you, and that you eat at least 1200 calories a day. (If you're cutting out grainy carbs, it's easy to get under the 1200 minimum which isn't good for your health! On my first day I had only eaten ~550 cals, plus I went on a run that day, which is too low, so I ate some more food after dinner). Let me know how your cleanse goes! Good luck! :) -Ally

      Delete