Tuesday, May 1, 2012

a few things I've learned this semester

Now that the semester is coming to a close, I realized I've learned a few things admist the craziness of everything. Seriously, these past few months have been a whirlwind of busyness, craziness, and fun. There were plenty of "I love college" moments. I cannot believe that I am almost done with my third year of college. (I also can't believe I forgot to post yesterday! I was literally working on a huge presentation for hours...)
Last team picture of this year's dance team! What a great semester and YEAR!
That huge presentation? It was for a core class I haven't been too fond of this semester - mostly because of the workload. My stubborn self does not want to admit it was a great class...but I learned so much. And I have random facts I can pull off the top of my head. Like that just the head alone of the large statue of Constantine The Great is over 8 1/2 feet tall! I'm sure that's something everyone was curious about, right? Haha.

I've learned other things too, such as:

As much fun as Prezi is, a good, ol' fashioned PowerPoint can be just as nice. And regular PowerPoint has so many more options than the kind in Google docs.

However, Google docs are also very nice for group projects.

The Hunger Games is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

I really like social media.

Music can turn around a bad mood almost instantly. So can the sun. And an iced mocha.
Iced, nonfat mocha ;)

Archbishop Desmond Tutu is an amazing person and (even though I'm not graduating yet!) our school is beyond lucky to have him speak at graduation.

Modern dance style isn't always creepy. I saw some beautiful pieces at a dance show recently! Now I want to take a class.

Teaching Zumba classes is even more exhilarating than being a student in the class.

7-grain Kashi waffles with organic peanut butter is a wonderful combination.
Seriously. The best.
The TV shows I've been watching for years aren't as good as they used to be. :/

I really don't like having class at 7:30am.

I can actually cook meat without over or under cooking it. It doesn't mean I cook often, though!

Frozen yogurt is a wonderful treat.

I am happy with my major and minors.

Spring Break is the best and most-needed break of the whole semester. Seeing my best friend was another perk!
Through thick n' thin, for many years and many more to come
I love college. I love my school. I love my friends.
A few of the lovely people I like to call my friends

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment