Thursday, March 7, 2013

how to create a .gif outfit post

I've been creating .gifs for my outfit posts lately. I like having the .gif in addition to still photos because you can show movement and (depending on the photos) more of the outfit.

Here I am going to show provide a tutorial on .gif outfit posts so you can do this for your blog too! .gifs are pretty easy to create if you have PhotoShop. (I am using PhotoShop Elements 10 by the way!)

Before we begin - start with your camera.
Make sure your camera is set on the option for shooting continuous frames. Below is a photo of what it looks like on my Nikon D3100. (If you don't have a DSLR read the tip in the first step!)

1. Take the photos!
Have your photographer hold the camera as still as possible while he/she holds down the shutter button as you pose. You can twirl in circle, walk forward to the camera, or do multiple poses. (If your camera doesn't have the continuous shutter option, try having the photographer take multiple shots while you move in extreme slow-mo. It will seem funny in the moment but it might work!)

These are all of my frames:

2. Open all the photos in PhotoShop and start layering. 
Simply drag each new photo onto the first photo in order, with the first photo as the bottom layer, and the last photo as the top layer. Try not to do too much editing unless you can get the photos all to match.

3. Resize the image.
You'll probably need to resize the image to be able to save it in a .gif format.
Click "Image" then "Resize" and then "Image size..." I currently set mine to 500 pixels wide at 300 pixels per inch.
4. Save it as a .gif.
Go to "File" and click "Save for Web." Set it to GIF and check the boxes for Animate and Loop. I set my frame delay at 0.2.

And you're done!
Click here to see the original post from the gif above
Hope this tutorial helped! Let me know if you've created some .gifs - I'd love to see them!

xo-ally

3 comments:

  1. This was an incredibly easy and epic tutorial!
    Love the idea :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! I want to try this. I have a Nikon D3100 too, so thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete