Wednesday, March 20, 2013

happy first day of SPRING!

Eeek! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I LOVE SPRING! Almost as much as I love summer.

Now, if it would only feel like spring in Spokane...we've woken up to snow the past couple of days. :(

The snow melts throughout the morning....but still. Wearing shorts and sandals during spring break was amazing. I love love love spring/summer weather, and you can't beat being around everyone in happy moods when the sun is out.

My favorite day of the spring semester is the first really warm day. It will be sunny and around 70 degrees, which feels like a heatwave after a freezing, snowy winter. Everyone on campus spends maximum time outside; I even had a professor cancel class one year on the first warm day. There are so many outdoor recreational activities going on - capture the flag, frisbee, badminton, volleyball - anything we can do outside. One of the dorms in the middle of campus plays music. It is the best day of spring semester! Everyone is so happy. I can't wait for that day to happen!

And I cannot not mention spring fashion. Unlike a lot of other girls, I get much more excited for spring/summer fashion than fall/winter. I am so ready for sundresses, sandals, chino shorts, swimsuits, sunglasses, and incorporating all the fun trends (like neon!)

Yay for spring! Who's with me?!

xo-ally

1 comment:

  1. the first warm day on campus is seriously the best! everything is so cheerful that day! (as long as it doesn't come during exam week!)

    -rose

    ReplyDelete