Wednesday, March 13, 2013

guest post - ashliegh from the darling prepster

 We have a guest post today! Meet Ashliegh, and read up on her suggestions to use color to spice up your basics for spring! Then, make sure to check out my post here on Ashliegh's blog where I discuss my spring break fashion essentials.

---

Hello Sunny Sweetheart readers! I am Ashliegh, a poor college girl trying to find my place in the world of fashion! I blog over at the Darling Prepster where I showcase my everyday girly and classic style, with a twist of bright colors and prints every once in a while! Speaking of bright colors, spring is on it's way and here are some color combinations to spice up your basics!

Cobalt Blue and White
Cobalt blue is, one of my favorite colors and looks good on almost everybody! Paired with white, it definitely adds a great pop of color! Ignore all the snow and think about pairing a cobalt blue top with a pair of white skinnies or shorts! 

Pink and Blue
Ever the classic duo, this pair will never go out of style, especially in pastel shades. Pair them together in a button up/sundress duo, above, or even two skinny belts layered over a basic top or cardigan!

 Teal and Purple
First of all, everyone should go get a teal blazer. When I first bought it, I had no idea how many outfits it would actually go with! It is definitely one of the most versatile items in my closet. Second of all, I love the way these two colors compliment each other! With these two colors, I would stick with color blocking and stay away from prints, for fear of looking too dinosaur scales/Barney-esque. ;p

Thanks so much for hosting me today, Ally!
With love,
Ashliegh

---
 Thanks Ashliegh! My favorite combo is definitely the cobalt blue and white - so perfect for spring. What's your favorite spring color combo?

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment