Sunday, February 19, 2012

california dreamin'

I absolutely love California.

Every time I visit, I experience true joy and miss it so much after I leave. I get the feeling that it is where I am supposed to be. I almost went to college in Southern California, but decided on Gonzaga in the northwest instead (which is an awesome school). When I decided to go to Gonzaga, I knew after graduation that I would like to move to California.
I graduate in just a little over a year. Fifteen months, to be exact. I have fifteen months to enjoy college, the best time of my life, before I move on to my other dreams.
I'm nervous. I've been to California countless times, but I've never lived there. I know only a few people. But that's what makes it exciting. A new, fresh start.
Sunny weather, being active, living near both the beach and the city...ah, it sounds so wonderful. I know Southern California can have its flaws - expensive living, overdone plastic surgery, the occasional earthquake - those are just stereotypes. I may love it, or I may hate it. I just know that I need to at least get it out of my system ... so I'll have no regrets.

Cheers to the next fifteen months, and to whatever's up ahead!

xo

2 comments:

  1. SoCal is one of the places I'm dying to travel to! Oh well, someday...!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get the opportunity to go someday! It's a beautiful place :)

      Delete