Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fashion in "The Help"

I finally saw The Help last night! After hearing rave reviews and the promise of both laughter and tears, I knew it would be a great movie. And a great movie it was. The storyline and acting were incredible, but one of my favorite parts of the movie was the wardrobe. I loved the old-fashioned dresses, heels, hats, and jewelry of the time.
Loved that green and pink dress. Everything is just so proper.
Minny's HAT! Could I get away with wearing a hat like that? Preferrably in pastel pink or green? ...maybe?
Emma Stone is so sophisticated with pearls and a lovely dress.
Photos courtesy of the movie website.

Another thing I loved about the movie was the fantastic scenery! It makes me miss the south and want to go back and visit. The beautiful front yards with the big trees and flowers in front of the mansions was very visually pleasing. I couldn't find any photos online of the scenery, so I guess you'll just have to go see for yourself!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment