Monday, October 10, 2011

falling in love quote

When I was in Florence for GIF this summer we had these short church services every Tuesday. There was always a positive vibe in the small chapel and the church leaders would talk about God and life and play songs on an acoustic guitar. The services were so charming and always put me in a good mood. Every week they would give us a piece of paper with an inspirational quote relating to the service. This one stood out to me, and I have it hanging up on my desk:

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than
Falling in Love
in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.
Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything."
-Pedro Arrupe, S.J.

Whenever I read this quote, I imagine it to be narrated by James Garner (the guy who played the older Noah in The Notebook). Wouldn't that make sense? Right?! Ah, The Notebook is such a good movie.

Anyways, this quote inspires me every day.

Realize your dreams and make them a reality.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment