Wednesday, January 2, 2013

wardrobe staples: stripes

I have noticed a slight trend in my outfits: stripes. I have a few different striped pieces that I wear often, and try to do different combinations when I can. 
Here are a few striped pieces I have and how I've worn them:

the navy and white striped dress
I wore this dress SO much last summer. It is so versatile! Navy is a fun neutral to play with no matter the season. Have fun and lighten up navy stripes with contrasting brights!

the blue and white striped mid-sleeve sweatshirt
Another summer look, this was a comfortable outfit to wear on a brisk, July evening. The pale summer blue stripes complimented the soft shade of red on the hat.

the semi-sheer red striped t-shirt
I wore this t-shirt with leggings, a knit vest, mittens, and rain boots for a cozy look at my friend's cabin this winter. Striped t-shirts are great for layering during the cold months and downplay bagginess or oversized-ness (is that a word? haha) of a vest.

the orange and cream striped tank
I've gotten a lot of use out of this tank too. One of my favorite color combos is orange and green, and I've been wanting to try out the color combo since I saw an outfit Blair wore on Gossip Girl season 1. I finally chose orange stripes over pink when I was shopping (one of the reasons I haven't done orange-and-green is because I always choose a different color!) and I'm glad I did. Bright orange stripes add a pop of color to neutral olive, or contrast against a kelly green hue.

the red and navy striped belt
Wearing the red and navy striped belt broke up the solids of the rest of the outfit and complimented the other accessories.

the olive striped t-shirt
It is no mystery that I LOVE this t-shirt. I've had it for a while and wear it all. the. time. You've seen it in a gazillion of my outfit posts and will probably see it in a gazillion more! I chose three of my favorite outfits with this piece. I never thought I'd get so much use out of a striped t-shirt, but because of its neutrality and simple pattern, it goes with pretty much everything and has become a major staple in my wardrobe.


xo-ally

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, love. Such a fabulous post. So many great looks. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my Candy Land Christmas party. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete