Wednesday, October 17, 2012

organic cinnamon bread ... can I say, YUM?!

I have been a big fan of Dave's Killer Bread, an amazing organic bread company. The bread is made from organic ingredients and tastes good. Some breads have seeds around the crust - the perfect texture for toast and peanut butter (one of my usual meals).

Today I bought Dave's Killer Bread's SIN DAWG at the grocery store. It is a cinnamon bread roll made from all organic ingredients.
Healthy, USDA-certified organic cinnamon bread?! That actually tastes good?!
Yes. It is great. I love a good cinnamon roll, but if I have one, I usually only eat part of it - not to just save a few calories, but because I feel heavy afterward. I had a serving of the Sin Dawg for dessert before dance team practice. One gym workout and a 2 1/2 hour dance practice later, I still felt great. It didn't zap my energy or make me feel sluggish at all!
One serving = 200 calories, 5 grams of protein

Also, I've been replicating the omelets that the chef at the school cafeteria makes. They're really good, but since I'm a senior and don't have a meal plan anymore, I tried it out for myself! I use either one or two eggs, about 1/5 of a bell pepper, some chopped pieces of a tomato, and chopped pieces of half a slice of turkey bacon. I put a little bit of cheddar cheese and it tastes just like sophomore year. ;)
One serving = about 275 calories, 19 grams of protein

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment