Monday, March 7, 2011

Story Time: Flowers

I’ve always had a thing for flowers. When I was a lil’ tyke running around the backyard, I used to tell all my friends, “When I grow up I’m going to be a professional gardener!” My dad would come back from business trips and ask me if I wanted a souvenir – “Flowers!” I would say. So when my dad came back with a bouquet of fake decoration flowers, I would stick them all over random parts of the backyard…and then they disintegrated over time. Sounds like a great path to professional gardening, right? While I don’t actually see myself ever becoming a professional gardener, (if that profession even exists), I do love the beauty flowers add to a room. Peonies are my favorite, but I also love tulips, sunflowers, and gerbera daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment