Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Benefit Cosmetics Makeup Review

I just got some new face makeup a few days ago! Since March is usually the only time of year I get new makeup, I was using the last little bits of powder of my foundation until I decided it was time, like every March, to get new makeup.

Something about the Benefit counter at Macy's attracted me - maybe it was the adorable packaging the products come in or the bright colors, but I knew I wanted to take a closer look. I've also been using the Benefit Hoola bronzer and their Dr. Feel Good lip balm for quite some time (love them both!) so I had a feeling these other Benefit products would be a good match for my skin.

My purchases included You Rebel tinted moisturizer ($30), Girl Meets Pearl highlighter ($30), Hello Flawless! powder ($34) - all three included in the website's bestseller section - and a bronzing brush ($22).

You Rebel
I really like the tinted moisturizer for three things. One: Since it is still winter here in the northwest, the moisturizer is exactly what I need from the cold, dry air. Two: The tint provides a much-needed glow for my pale complexion. Three: It has SPF 15, which keeps the little bit of sunlight we get this time of the year from damaging my skin.

Hello Flawless! and Bronzing Brush
I really like this powder because it provides a nice finish on top of the moisturizer. It also helps balance out the tint so it doesn't look too dark. The bronzing brush is what I use to apply the powder and is incredibly soft.

Girl Meets Pearl
This is the first time I've ever used a highlighter, and I like the way it brightens up my face. I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and other high points on my face. It feels light and fresh! In order to get the cream through the holes, just twist the bottom and it will come through the top (as shown in the bottom picture).

So far, I am very pleased with these products. It feels nice to switch up my makeup routine after such a long time. Let's see if this will all last until next March when I do my next makeup check-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment