Thursday, July 19, 2012

stripes and white

I finally, somewhat figured out how to take photos on the manual setting on my camera. I've had my Nikon D3100 for a while now, but have stayed in the Auto setting area...I had tried shooting in manual many times but my photos always came out dark. After reading THESE blog posts about photography essentials, everything became so much clearer! Shooting in manual is a lot easier than you think. I'm still getting used to it, but check out the photo below! No edits :) I am so proud that you can see everything and that it isn't just one giant dark shadow....
See that dial pointed to M?! Boom. Manual setting. I feel so amateur to finally be using it!

Then I had some fun in Photoshop:
Here are some other practice photos from the day:
The "Awk Walk"
It's definitely a learning process, so I'm glad to get some tips along the way. I'm taking a photography class this fall, so I'm excited to keep improving my photos.

Outfit Details:

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment