Monday, July 8, 2013

why you should shop the sales at j. crew

I mentioned last week that I was going to post about the amazing J. Crew sale happening right now. It was so great that I bought quite a few pieces (more than I normally get at once) and told everyone I knew. It was even so amazing that I had to write about it here!

Basically, J. Crew almost always has some type of sale going on. The best way to know which sale is happening is to get on their email list. The website usually says what sale is going on as well, but by getting emails, you know exactly which sales are happening right away.

The particular sale that occurred last week was 40% off sale items for final sale. So the items are already marked down, and then you get an extra 40% off. I got $500 worth of clothes for only $143! (I tweeted it was $600 worth by accident - I did the math wrong! Haha oops). But still, I saved a pretty decent sized chunk of change, which is why I often wait for the sales to happen and why you should shop the sales too!

The lovely items in my shopping bag:
 I've had my eye on this whale sweater for a while now (at least a month!) but waited until last week to get it. It'll be the perfect transition piece for fall. How cute are the little green whales?
 These pants are perfect for cool, summer days. The whimsical print will transition well into early fall as well.
 I love this striped top and the color blocking of the shades of red.
 So much sparkle. Couldn't resist.
 You can never go wrong with a classic, striped t-shirt.
Such a pretty lace skirt for almost 1/3 of the original price! The lighting makes it look off-white, but it is a true white.

Do you shop the J. Crew sales? Did you get anything recently? Aren't they simply amazing?!

xo-ally

PS - the winner of the project birthday giveaway is Shane! An email will be sent to you with all the info about receiving the gifts. Thank you ALL for participating :) I'm so glad I got to "meet" some lovely new bloggers and readers through the giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Woah- you got some GREAT deals! I recently went to a J Crew outlet and got some lovely colored capri pants and a cute sequin tank top that were both on sale. :-)

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! Great finds!! I haven't had much luck at my K. Crew recently. It seems like what I want is always sold out in my size!

    ReplyDelete