Monday, July 22, 2013

the BIG NEWS!

I'm so excited to finally share with you all what's next in life for me. I hinted that I would announce something soon, and now the time has come. My summer job in DC is over and I am preparing for my next job that begins in a few weeks...in Italy.

I'm moving to Italy!

Summer 2011 in Florence, my first time in Europe
I'll be working for a student travel company doing marketing and guiding until next spring. So technically I'm not moving to Italy permanently, just temporarily. O.M.G. I'm so nervous. But excited. This will be so fun to blog about not only because I'll be based in Florence but also because I will get to travel around Europe for my job. 

All throughout my senior year of college I was trying to plan my future, to see where I wanted to settle down, until I realized that I don't quite want to settle down yet. I want to travel and see the world and just do what I want to do. You can always settle down later, but right after college is the time to just do what you want to do.

At the end of my study abroad experience in Italy two years ago I wrote in my last blog post, "Can't wait to go back to Florence one day." And I can't believe it's going to happen again, and so soon. (You can read vintage posts about my study abroad experience here, here, here, here, here, and here.)

In the meantime, if you have any travel tips, must-sees, etc., please share!

xo-ally

2 comments:

  1. Italy!!?? That's amazing. I'm so jealous and very happy for you at the same time. It's going to be such an awesome experience, especially if it's your second time around. I can't wait to hear some fun Italian stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Italy so I am zero help...but what an awesome experience! I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete