Thursday, September 13, 2012

the summer reading books I actually read

Back in May I wrote a post on the books I planned to read this summer. I did read all the C.S. Lewis books and The Fame Game, but never got around to The Kite Runner or The Alchemist. The six weeks of the C.S. Lewis class was a whirlwind - we read 500 to 1,000 pages per week through his books and essays. I loved it and learned so much. Luckily, The Chronicles of Narnia books were easy reads and were mixed in with the tougher reading. (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was my favorite Narnia book!)

I certainly did need to wind down with a light summer read after that class and did read The Fame Game. I really liked it. It was a great book for the summer and helped my brain chill out. I want to read the next one (I think there will be a sequel soon?) on my next break from school.

Since my local public library now offers book rentals for e-readers I downloaded a few books on my Kindle. I could download books without having to go downtown! Plus, I like to read my Kindle at the gym :) The library doesn't have the best selection of e-books, but considering I'm renting for free I don't mind at all! I started with the classic The Age of Innocence but couldn't get through it.

I went back to my light summer reading idea with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I never read it when everyone else did growing up, but since it was my best friend's favorite book back in the day, I gave it a chance! I thought it was well-written and enjoyed the story. I was able to get through it pretty fast.

Another series I never read growing up was Harry Potter! (My parents wouldn't allow me or my brother to read it.) Now that I'm older, I gave it a chance! I am almost done with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and I really like it. It's very well-written and a cute kids' book. I can already see why the series is so popular and have a feeling it will get addicting....

Looking through this list seems like a bunch of kids' books, haha. (Well I guess they are...) At least it was a nice break from heavy textbook reading?
------

This is my 200th post of 2012! I marked my 100th post of 2012 back in April and can't believe I've already done another hundred! It's crazy how fast time flies through blogging. Here's to another hundred - possibly before 2012 is over? We'll see! 

THANK YOU for reading my blog!

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment