Saturday, August 4, 2012

SALADS

I've never really been one to make a large amount of a meal to break into multiple meals throughout the week. I know it's practical, but even I'm too lazy to cook chicken (more like afraid I'll undercook the meat) even though it could last a whole week. Lately, however, I've been making salads ahead of time so I can have it ready to go for dinner. This week I even brought salads to work for lunch! (So much cheaper than buying food every day...)
I chopped up one Roma tomato, one orange bell pepper, and one avocado.
I made a salad with lettuce, avocado, and grapes (so good!) for Tuesday....
...and one with lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, and avocado on Wednesday. I drizzled olive oil instead of dressing on both.
Then I stored the remaining crudites in storage containers. Now when I feel lazy about preparing food, I don't have an excuse to skimp on salad!

xo-ally 

3 comments:

  1. I honestly should be doing this too! It's such a smart and conventional way of saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I was just nominated for a Liebster award! And because I was nominated I had to nominate 11 other awesome bloggers and I have chosen you!

    When you receive a Liebster Blog Award, this is what you should do:
    1. You must answer the 11 questions given by the blogger that gave you the award. (located on my blog http://bwbd.blogspot.com/)
    2. Then you must choose 11 interesting bloggers with less than 200 followers
    3. Then you must create 11 questions for 11 bloggers you selected.
    4. Mention the Blogger that nominated you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you so much for nominating me!! I actually received a Liebster nomination recently (check it out here if you're interested: http://sunnysweetheart.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html) but thank you SO MUCH for the thought! I really appreciate it - you're awesome! and congrats to YOU for getting one! xo-ally

      Delete