Thursday, August 30, 2012

first week of school - supplies

Classes started this week and I already have a ton of stuff to do! I think I will really like my classes this semester. I'm taking a biology lab for core - I never liked bio in high school but this class actually sounds pretty interesting. I'm taking some PR and journalism classes, including photojournalism - I can finally learn more about using my SLR...which means better photos on Sunny Sweetheart! Dance Team tryouts are coming up in a couple of weeks and I have already started yearbook and prepping for Zumba classes.

With all this plus a ton of other stuff going on, I need to keep organized! Having the right supplies really comes in handy when there's so much going on.

I've had a pack of BiC mechanical pencils for years and I still have enough to get me through senior year. These pencils last a long time and I like them much better than regular pencils. (Don't have to sharpen!)

A planner is essential for me. If I don't write everything down, I'll forget it!

Paper clips just come in handy.

I use a new Five Star notebook every semester. I prefer the 5-subject ones because I have all my notes for every class in one place. That way, I don't grab the wrong subject on accident when I walk out the door! The covers are sturdy and will last a whole semester without ripping off. The pockets are nice to store handouts from class.

Where would I be without Sharpie highlighters, I don't know...I color code my planner, notes, and study guides.

A bedazzled blue stapler! My roommate has this exact one. Mine is regular purple. But I like hers because it's sparkly. Haha :)

I almost forgot about post-its. I write everything on sticky notes, from reminders to lists. Target always has a bunch of patterned or colorful cubes of stickies to choose from.

Happy first week of classes for those of you back at school!

xo-ally

2 comments:

  1. love the print on the cover of the planner. Wow seems like you have a lot of stuff to do and they all sound fun. Hopefully my school year will be like that. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I miss "back to school" time!!

    ReplyDelete