Monday, June 27, 2011

Adventures In...Italy: Part 5 - Arrivederci, Italia

Bre, Aryn, Myself, Haley, and Ashley in front of Prada.

I am currently sitting in the basement of my home in the USA right now.

I miss Italy so much.

It was so amazing. I miss the whole package - not just the places, the food, the fashion, the atmosphere - but the people. The people I met and got to know at GIF are amazing. Except for the few that don't go to Gonzaga, I'll at least get to see you all back in the fall at school. :)

I know I didn't write a whole lot about Florence itself, mostly because I had limited time and wanted to talk about all the weekend trips. But Florence was awesome! It was where we lived, where we got to know each other, where we experienced kind-of-actually-living in Italy.
View of Florence from Piazzale Michaelangelo.

The Duomo in the center of Florence is huge. I've said it over and over and everyone knows it. You can even see how huge it is by the photo above. But, no matter how many photos you see, you will still get that "woah" reaction when you are standing next to it and looking up and seeing this massive thing.

Between going to see all the art, the David, going to Villa Corsini to taste the wine (everyday after-school activities), we had a regular life. Kind of. We woke up, had breakfast at the pensione (cereal, small white bread with jam, coffee, and the occassional egg or yogurt), went to two classes (marketing and philosophy for me), had amazing three-course lunches at the pensionie, then napped from our three-course food coma, did homework, did laundry, walked around the city, or went shopping We'd usually go out to dinner (Mostodolce - right next to my pensione - or Dante's or La Spada or just grab a quick panini, kebap, or gelato).

We had a few dinners with the school too. They involved free (or pre-paid), unlimited wine. There was a lot of wine. Italy is allll about the wine.

Normally, in the US, I wouldn't be too excited about going to art galleries or looking at art. But the art in Rome and Florence was so breathtaking. There's so much history behind it, and it is so beautiful. Every church, no matter how popular it is, has extravagant art.

Some of the best memories were nights out in Florence.


Can't wait to reuinite with you all in the fall :)

Can't wait to go back to Florence one day. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment