Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adventures In...Italy: Part 3 - Florentine Weekend

Well, I am not of fan of Pisa. Didn't see the Leaning Tower, don't care to see the Leaning Tower. Because the Pisa airport found an "ancient not exploded world war II bomb" and cancelled my flight to Barcelona at the last minute. The one place I wanted to go other than Italy was Spain...four of us got left behind when 15 of our other friends made it there from the Milan airport.

I never want to go to Pisa again.

Yes, I realize that it is not Pisa's fault, just the situation happened there, but still. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm stubborn.

However, I did get to actually experience Florence for the weekend, which was nice. We walked around near the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio and also went to the Gelato Festival. Avocado gelato? Red wine gelato? Coffee and Nutella gelato? Sushi and rice gelato? Yep, it was all there.

The next day we took a day trip to Siena. It was beautiful. We went up to the Panorama and had a gorgeous view of the whole city (see the photo at the top). I definitely recommend going to Siena.

This weekend, since Barcelona sadly didn't happen, I decided last minute to go to Ireland for the weekend! Going to Cork, Limerick, and Dublin. All I know about Ireland is greenery and Guinness. Which will make it all the more exciting to visit. We're flying out of Milan (yay), and flying back into Pisa (how ironic....)

Here's to another great week! Post to come when I get back. Maybe I'll have a picture with a leprechaun. Just kidding. Maybe. Haha.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment