Monday, March 31, 2014

mean girls monday: week 1

Wildfox t-shirt | ASOS skirt | Max & Chloe ring and bangle | Kate Spade initial charm bracelet | Kate Spade pumps | Betsey Johnson handbag

Today marks the first edition of Mean Girls Monday and I am very excited to share with you my outfit inspired by the quote, "Get in loser, we're going shopping." I couldn't resist the super trendy "shopping is my cardio" tee from Wildfox, and added "Mean Girls" elements like a pink flare skirt, pointed pumps, and personalized jewelry. Little bows on the handbag and the pumps add an extra girly touch to the outfit. This is something I could see a 2014 Regina George wearing, don't you think?

"There's a Mean Girls quote for everything," I like to say. To celebrate the movie's 10 year anniversary (it came out on April 30, 2004), I'm doing a series on Sunny Sweetheart called Mean Girls Monday, where I share an outfit inspired by a quote from the movie! While the classic quotes are 2004, the outfit will be "updated" to make it look fashionable in 2014. Check back for next week's Mean Girls Monday with a new outfit inspired by one of the iconic quotes!

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment