Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I've been wearing a lot of navy lately

Scarf H&M Jeans Nordstrom Flats Report (similar) Bracelet J. Crew Necklace H&M (similar) Tank Brandy Melville Firenze Jacket Aritzia

It's rainy and my roomies aren't around to take my photos outside, so....I took my outfit pics on my phone today! I'm realizing that I've been wearing navy a lot lately. My navy parka is a current staple in my winter wardrobe; I wear it almost daily. I love that navy is a neutral that goes with pretty much anything. Last year my "go-to" neutral was olive green. Except, while I love olive as a neutral, I don't think it matches my skin tone that well. Maybe that's why I've been gravitating toward navy this season!

Today I wore a light military jacket over a basic cotton tank with skinny jeans and sparkly bow flats. Today was all about the accessories when I matched my ombre infinity scarf to the jacket, then added a strand of pearls underneath and my J. Crew pink link bracelet. I wore pearl stud earrings too but you can't really see them in the photo.
I've also been experimenting with my hair! While I just left my hair naturally straight today, I've been trying to take just that extra 5-10 minutes to try something out of the ordinary. Whether it's a side pony, topknot, a headband, or a bow, I'm working on branching out more with my hair. This weekend I borrowed my roommate's hot rollers. I love the loose, swoopy curls! I used to rock the hot roller curls look in high school when I borrowed my mom's rollers. I've been dying to do this since I've been at school!

Happy Tuesday!

xo-ally

3 comments:

  1. Navy is a great neutral...probably my favorite!! I think brunettes look great in it and you are no exception :) also, hot rollers scare me...maybe because I had to have them in and sleep with them for cheerleading competitions when I was younger, which led to sooo many headaches! haha but your hair looks great!!

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely made a subtle switch from black to navy and I love it! I love your hair in the last photo! It looks super natural even with the hot rollers. Tutorial, please??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your hair! I agree tutorial on those hot rollers please =)

    Shia
    World According to Shia

    ReplyDelete