Sunday, August 4, 2013

subtle floral


J. Crew top | Swank shorts (similar) | Nordstrom sunglasses (similar) | Kate Spade bag (similar) | Michael Kors watch |  Nordstrom orange bangle | Henri Bendel yellow bracelet | Tory Burch sandals (close-toed flats) | Max & Chloe necklace

Today's outfit subtly mixes floral on the lace shorts, gold bag, and bangle. With the similar tones of gold and orange, it all works and makes the different sized florals go together. I love my J. Crew peplum top because it really can pull any outfit together (it is also SO comfortable). And I was excited to add my new neon sailor knot bracelet from Bendels! I got the bracelet at the Bendels summer sale in New York a couple weeks ago. Even though it's both neon and nautical, I have a feeling this bracelet will carry through to fall.

More ways to wear it....
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has only a few days left, and there are some great floral pieces on sale to choose from. First, I adore this hot pink floral pencil skirt from Kate Spade. It's $198, a hundred dollars less than the original price, but still a little spendy (for me at least!)
Floral tights add coverage to basic dresses and skirts in the cooler seasons, but still make the outfit interesting. This pair comes in black and a reddish-purple. There is also plus size available as well.
I couldn't resist adding this pair of bright, floral jeans to the list. I know, I know, they're very summer-y (and Kate Spade, again), but...they're wearable into September and you can save them for spring? Think of it as a future investment in next year's spring break wardrobe! :)

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment