Sunday, June 23, 2013

playing catch-up

These past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Seriously, such a whirlwind. I love my job, however, it is very exhausting. At the end of the day it is definitely rewarding, but being "on" all day for 10 days straight can get a little tiring. I've loved all the new people I've met, the places I've gotten to go, and the experiences that have occurred these past couple of weeks! After the first session of 10 days, we had a few days off before the next one starts (which is tomorrow morning). Since I've had very little access to wifi, and the wifi is slow when it's there, I've been playing catch-up this evening on my last day off. It's nice to finally get a chance to upload photos to the blog :) without further ado, here's what I've been up to in DC:
The first day of summer was glorious. It was the best, sunny day, we went to the jazz festival in DC, and had our feet in the water while sipping sangria.

I wish I had time to do "real" outfit posts! Most days all I get is a quick chance to do mirror selfies ;) haha. Lots of pencil skirts, button-downs, blazers. Basically lots of J. Crew and accessorizing with piled-on bracelets and a necklace or two! Hoping I get to do an outfit post outside in normal clothes sometime soon :)
I've also been doing a little exploring:
Love the street packed with food trucks! There were so many options for lunch one day.
The students (we call them "scholars") are great. I really liked my first group, and hoping the second and third batches are just as good! My group of scholars was hilarious, one of them wrote the series of events on the board when we they were coming up with ideas for a skit:
 (By the way, I wasn't actually angry, I was just getting attention in a mock-angry way...) Maybe you had to be there, but I just found it so funny.
 The first day off was devoted to shopping! I got four things: all pink and/or striped. Maybe the next shopping trip needs to include more diverse items...haha.
Went to a Vineyard Vines store for the first time :) (there aren't any of the west coast) and got that bow tank above and a pink tshirt. I also couldn't resist the J. Crew sale (the pink and lime striped cardi), and exchanged something at Forever 21 and for the adorable pink striped dress (which I believe may be inspired by this Kate Spade dress?)
 I spotted the Capitol Building at sunset. It was so gorgeous.

That's all for now! Tomorrow I'll be recapping my time in New York with some more photos. Love you all, thanks for being patient with my posting, and please follow on Instagram and Twitter for updates in the meantime!

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment