Thursday, January 23, 2014

spend vs. save: midi skirts

I've been a fan of midi skirts since they resurfaced on the runways in the past couple of years, but have yet to try one for myself. I feel like they're somewhat hard to find, but maybe it's because the kind I'm lusting for are the colorful, full midis and not the slimmer-fit calf skimmers. A big, billowy skirt and a pair of heels would be enough to make me feel like a princess for a day, and luckily not blow my budget - thanks to some budget-friendly options. Here are a couple of beautiful, higher priced midis and a few of their less-expensive counterparts (plus, how to wear them).

SPEND:


SAVE:



HOW TO WEAR IT:

jacket, skirt, top, clutch, sandals

I'm in love with this tulle midi skirt. The princess-y feel of the skirt calls for balancing out the look with an edgier motorcycle jacket and a mock neck crop top. A bright envelope clutch adds some much needed color and the heeled sandals (always wear heels with midi skirts) add some height and make the legs look taller despite the skirt's longer hem.

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment