Wednesday, March 26, 2014

guest post: aryn from giraffes+garlic+glamour

I asked my friend Aryn from giraffes+garlic+glamour to do a guest post on makeup for spring. I love what she picked out! (Oh, and isn't that seahorse Tory Burch makeup case to die for?)
---
Spring Beauty Bag 1
Hey Sunny Sweetheart readers! My name is Aryn and I write for my own blog, giraffes+garlic+glamour. I'm so happy to be posting for Ally today. Since spring has finally made its way to Spokane I've been excited to break out all my bright colored clothes including capris and skirts. One of the things I struggle with most coming out of the cold season is how dull my normally warm complexion looks. This year I finally figured out a couple of tricks to get me beauty fit and to feel just as bright as I feel.
Spring Beauty Bag 2
What's in my spring makeup bag?
This year in particular I've gotten into wearing bright lip tints. I don't usually fuss with lip color anytime other than going out for drinks or on dates. But when I stumbled upon tarte's LipSurgence I couldn't resist wearing a bright matte for everyday. I just wish there were more colors! The same goes for this Sephora blush; even though it's orange it brightens up my features, drawing attention away from my dark eyes (and my grad school-induced circles). I typically use Naked's Basics palette because not only do all the colors compliment my olive skin tones but I can wear it day-to-night. Lighter cream for the day and darker browns for a smokey look at night (with some of MAC's "Satellite Dreams" eyeshadow).
Here's how I try and make all these look as natural as possible for everyday wear.
Spring Beauty Bag 3
I wandered into Sephora a few weeks ago and found the perfect gray for spring that isn't too ashy but just warm enough for sunny weather and to compliment my wardrobe pastels. It seriously matches just about everything - even my new Nike Sky Hi Dunks! I like to think of it as a kind of elephant gray hue.
Spring Beauty Bag 4
Rollerball perfumes are ideal for when you're on the go or running to meetings from work or school. I love this one from from Giorgio Armani because it still smells clean without being too much.
What's in your spring beauty bag?
- a
---
Thanks, Aryn!

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment