Saturday, January 4, 2014

and...it's already january 4th!


I cannot believe it's already January 4th! When did this happen? I've had so much going on these past few days that it is hard to process that it is even actually the new year. It is crazy how much happens in a year, and how little changes over time turn into big changes looking back.

Some highlights of 2013:

It was my last semester of college. 2013 was always "the big year" in my mind, when I would eventually finish school. My last semester went by so fast. I enjoyed my last performances with Gonzaga Dance Team, taught zumba classes every Monday and was extremely busy with being a full-time student in addition to internships, group projects, yearbook, and plenty of other things. Oh, and applying to post-grad jobs...and writing my senior thesis (which was on public relations and fashion bloggers)!



Going to Las Vegas for the first part of Spring Break was a huge highlight of my senior year! Spring Break was always the most-needed break every year, and senior year especially. After Vegas, I spent the rest of the week in Colorado with my best friend Jenn.



The rest of my senior year still flew by, and during all the craziness I managed to have a lot of fun spending time with my friends, whether it was going to the Florida Georgia Line concert on campus, social club for the away games during basketball season, baseball games when the weather got a little nicer, Easter brunch together on Easter weekend, and Senior Ball in April. On the night of graduation, I revealed myself as the anonymous person behind @gonzagaproblems, which was interesting. I actually thought a lot more people knew it was me, but guess not! Haha. It was a fun, humorous Twitter account I made my junior year that somehow caught on.


I miss my apartment :/



After college graduation, the most bittersweet day of my life, I went back to Seattle to look for jobs. Only two weeks after graduation, I was employed! Working in DC (and New York) for the summer was an amazing experience. I need to get back to DC somewhat soon - I loved it.







Then, in August, came Euroadventures. I was able to live my travel dreams by working for a travel company in Florence, Italy. I went back to the city where I studied abroad and was able to meet some awesome people and go to some awesome places. While I decided not to stay an extra semester, I am going to miss it a lot. (And get serious FOMO when the Munich and French Riviera trips start up again).











In a few days I'll return to the States. As of now, I really don't know what is next for me. I'm doing the job hunt once again and hope to find an awesome, creative job that I am passionate about! Or at least something I enjoy doing. I hope to somehow find a way to keep dancing, start teaching Zumba again, and hopefully continuing to travel. We'll just have to wait and see!

Did you have a great 2013? What are you looking forward to most in 2014?

xo-ally

No comments:

Post a Comment