Friday, February 17, 2012

What the '00s kids will reminisce about in the future

Being a '90s kid, I love reading the lists on blogs, Facebook, etc. that come up with the items of nostalgia with '90s pop culture. There was nothing better than knowing every lyric to The Fresh Prince of Bell Air theme song, worshiping N*SYNC and Hanson, trading Pokemon cards, Lisa Frank school supplies, portable CD players, and phrases like, "That was da bomb."
After years of babysitting and a lot of time spent being a nanny, I am slightly stunned that kids don't know what I'm talking about when I mention Doug, Clarissa Explains It All, and Global GUTS. They don't understand what life was like before DVR, TiVo, Hulu, and YouTube, and how I just HAD to make sure I didn't miss the Rugrats "All Growed Up" television premiere.
Then I realized these kids were born in the '00s - what will the millennium kids reminisce about in their teens and beyond? Here are a few guesses:

1. When the fast-track to fame was creating a YouTube video that goes viral, like Greyson Chance and Sophia Grace
2. When every girl was obsessed with Justin Bieber, and still loved him after he cut his hair and dated Selena Gomez

[photo]
***Fun Fact: I have Selena's swimsuit top in a different color

3. Having a love/hate relationship with Miley Cyrus, aka Hannah Montana
4. Being the first kid in class to get an iPhone
5. When iCarly got annoying sometimes but you really wanted her cool room
6. Knowing who Beyonce and Justin Timberlake are, but having no idea who Destiny's Child or N*SYNC are

7. Lucky kids got a sold-out Kinect for Christmas 2010

[photo]

8. When my babysitter talked about '90s things and I had no idea what he/she was talking about...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what really happens when these kids grow up. If you think of anything to add to this list, submit it below!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Lovely list but I was born in the last year of the 90's and I must admit lots of stuff from the 90's are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember more the 96 TO 99s AND early 2000s than 2012 FASHION i dont even know if justin get a hair cut ,and i love to listen to destiny childs and s club 7 since now XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in 1998 and I've gotta say this list is pretty much right.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a list of "10s kids" stuff, not 00s kids...

    ReplyDelete